Last New Year’s Eve Eve, I wrote a post with the 11 things I was determined to do this year. It’s been one year since I made these goals. Let’s review, shall we?
1. Write in cursive.
2. Begin freelancing — for real this time. Fail. I’ve done a lot of reading about it but nothing to accomplish it.
3. Uncluttering my life. Mm, yeah. I’d take a picture of my desk area right now, but I don’t want to scare the children. Fail.
4. Somewhat accomplished. I gained 15 pounds this year, but I ate way less processed crap and I even joined a gym and go there sometimes. Pass.
5. Start my book. I started getting my thoughts organized when I was in Illinois, but I just kind of forgot about it, honestly. Fail.
6. Observe a daily tea time. Pass! Well, almost. I shouldn’t ever say I’m going to do anything daily unless it’s wake up half-drowned in drool every morning or something. I did have tea almost every single day that I worked at the unnamed closed caption company, mainly because they have ever tea ever made oh my god. I just started drinking it with milk the past few days. I’m thisclose to dropping my hard consonants.
7. Post a blog every day. hahahahaha.
8. Read 60 books. Pass, I think. I stopped keeping track sometime in February after I got my new job. I had 15 then. I’m pretty sure I managed to fit in at least 100.
9. Figure out what to go to Grad School for. I narrowed it down to social work, library science, or theology. That’s a half-pass, right? Right.
10. Get out of debt or at least come close. I’m giving myself a pass for this because I worked super hard on paying off my consumer debt this year, even though I’m not anywhere near out of it. Two credit cards to go!
11. Find a job I love. When I made these resolutions, I was working at the godforsaken car dealership, so even McDonalds sounded like a dream job. I found a good job. Half-pass.
6 out of 11 isn’t bad. I’m actually pretty shocked I did that many. Huh.
Am I doing 12 in ’12? I’m so glad you asked! I honestly don’t know. I guess I have, what? 47 hours or so to think about it? I’ve thrown around a few ideas like going vegan, only eating stuff I make myself, starting a new blog, and giving up pop (not soda because that isn’t a real thing) again like I did in 2009. I don’t know what I’m doing. Guess you’ll just have to stick around.