Hey, blog. Almost made another month without talking to you again. Damn. Sorry, bby.
So, what’s been going on this month? Firstly:
This month, I took part in the Foodie Penpals program and my sender was fantastic. Here’s the goods:
Basically, everything delicious and good in the world.
More specifically: Nutella, sunflower seed butter (because I recently leveled up and gained a peanut allergy!), blueberry preserves (my favorite thing in the world), apple butter, these ridiculous hulless popcorn things that were crazy tasty, a couple packs of pistachios, and extra caffeinated coffee. The only thing I haven’t totally destroyed yet is the coffee, and only because I’ve never had time to make a full pot of coffee yet.
I feel like a shit because my package wasn’t nearly as great to my sendee. I made him a dozen chocolate chip cookies, but could only fit, like, six of them in the box, then I got really excited about these jelly belly Harry Potter-esque candies AND the fact that Five Below carried candy cigarettes and bought too many of both. He got some of those, too. I didn’t realize how elaborate the packages were supposed to be! I feel like an asshole. If you ever read this, Scott, I apologize for being a bad sender.
I’m writing this on Thursday, but I can’t post it until Friday. Hello, future!
Other things that have happened in the past month:
1. I officially joined the church I’ve been going to for the past year. I never, ever planned on going to another church, let alone joining one, after all the stuff I had to deal with (and still am dealing with) from the First Church of Guano. I had a massive panic attack in the parking lot Sunday morning before I went in for the service. But I got through it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, and now they’re stuck with me and my craziness, so joke’s on them!
2. I made a major, life-changing decision! But I’m not ready to talk about it.
3. I’m currently in the process of making cinnamon rolls for the first time this year. This is the first time I’ve baked something in a couple of weeks, which is a record for me. I always tried to make something at least twice a week. It was really hard for me to not get upset every time I took something out to cool. I always set aside two for Aunt Doll of everything I made for the past five years, so I’d still reach for that ziplock container every time. Blah. This is still hard.
3b. I almost had a side job as a baker/barista at a new cafe/store that the owner of my very favorite restaurant just opened. But then he never called me when he said he would, but left random voicemails saying to call him, and when I did, no answer. I have no tolerance for lateness. I do not want to work for a person like that.
4. In the time that elapsed between writing the last sentence and this sentence, I baked my cinnamon rolls! And sweat everywhere. Like, serious boob sweat going on. Cinnamon-roll baking is more of a workout than Zumba, and the reward at the end is way better. They’re delicious, by the way.
5. Estoy muy infermo. Inferma? I forget how Spanish works. But, si. My allergies are so incredibly bad and I don’t want to do anything anymore. I am quite enjoying the local honey allergy remedy, though. I’m not sure if it’s working, but it’s a good excuse to eat a couple spoons of honey every day. (Friday update: OH MY GOD EVEN SICKER HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN WHERE IS MY IMMUNE SYSTEM)
6. I’ve been marathoning Mad Men and I have no idea why I watch this show, except for the clothes. No one is likable, none of the plots are all that interesting, and I get sympathy asthma for everyone who sat in smoke-filled rooms in the ’60s.
I think that’s all for now, blog. Talk to you soon, I think.